View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:41 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 resto shammy {Withdrawn} 
Initiate

Post resto shammy {Withdrawn}
Character Name and Server - athena, qt

Race and Class - draenei, shaman

Character's Main spec - resto

Armory Link - always seem to have problems with the armoury, but feel free to inspect if needed

Age - 42

Where do you hail from? - uk

Are you able to understand and speak English fluently? - yes

Can you listen to Mumble and do you have a mic? - yes & yes. tbh, just installed mumble a moment ago as ive never come across it before

The Intermidates

What is your guild history and why did you leave your previous guild? - my original guild was relentless, but due to raid burnout (if you were on, you raided. end of), finally got too much after 16 months or so. tbh, it killed my enjoyment of wow. yes, we had some nice progress, but at the cost of enjoying the game. joined a cpl of social raiding guilds, but my time of playing wow was over. i needed a break. been back almost 2 months now, i joined a lovely 10 man raiding guild called apex, some really nice ppl in there, but it wasnt quite for me. nothing to do with the guild you understand, more of what i wanted out of the game now that im back

What is your raid experience? - my original toon was a holy priest called twistedsista, who was in a guild called dawnblade. we cleared nearly all content in the original wow, with the exception of the last 3 bosses in AQ40 & due to the release of TBC, we never quite made it into naxx. unfortunatly due to the release of TBC & ppl leveling up at various rates, it dispanded. thats when i went on to make my shammy. my shammy cleared everything in TBC (pre nerf), with the exception of sunwell. where we only downed the 1st 4 bosses there. ive done 6/12 icc10, 4/12 icc25, cleared totc10, 4 bosses in togc10 & 4 bosses in totc25 & more pugs than i care to remember lol. even with my break from wow, im coming up to 2500 dungeon & raid emblems & am exalted with 30 factions. i have put a lot of effort into this old girl lol

What are your usual play times? Dissent usually raids on weeknights; is this a problem? - im on pretty regularly & dissent`s raid times wouldnt be a problem for me

Do you have a second spec? Are you willing to use this spec if needed in a raid? - i do have an enhancement spec, but i only tend to use that when grinding skins.

During a standard Patchwerk/Ignis/Jaraxxus/Festergut fight, tell us a little about your rotation. - tbh, as a resto shammy, i tend to use only 4 heals. healing wave, riptide, chain heal. with earth shield on MT . typical rotation tends to be those spells. resto shammies tend to be used as raid healers, so chain heal is used a fair bit, obviously. but i do have a brain & can see if tank healers need a bit of help if needed or casting a quick riptide on someone who needs a boost before a main heal comes their way

The Advanced

If your spec isn't a standard spec, please justify why you have chosen that spec. -

Do you enjoy raiding with the intent of progress? Justify your answer. - ive always endgame raided & despite what happened with relentless, still do. i would like to get back into endgame & for me, 10 man is the way i would be happiest going

Do you know anyone in Dissent? - i know sevalance, we had a nice chat yesterday

Why do you want to join Dissent? - i`ll be honest, i didnt know about you guys. yes, i look at the wow realm forums, but never came across your guild. it was only when speaking to seva, after seeing his recruitment macro in dala, that i gave him a /w

Do you have anything to add to your application which may aid the process? not really, other than the fact i give 100% when raiding, always come with my own food & flasks & am always prepared to listen to advice if it makes a difference to the raid & progression

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:06 pm
Guild Munster

Character Name: Arkesh
Post Re: resto shammy
Thanks for the application, we'll discuss it and get back to as soon as we've reached a decision, in the meantime however there are a couple things I wouldn't mind getting cleared up.

athena wrote:
i joined a lovely 10 man raiding guild called apex, some really nice ppl in there, but it wasnt quite for me. nothing to do with the guild you understand, more of what i wanted out of the game now that im back

Are you looking for a more progress focussed guild? Seeing the endgame? Or what is it that you want?

Regarding your offspec, for progress content we don't tend to use offspecs as much, however when content is on farm we tend to go in with less healers so we do expect offspecs to be raid ready.

The final thing is your gems, they seem to be a little of everything, I was under the impression spellpower and haste were the main focus of shaman gems. I could be wrong but if you could maybe explain your choices for me it'd be brilliant.

Kesh.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 pm
Initiate

sorry to have wasted your time guys, but after speaking to an officer in apex & discussing a few issues i had, theyve reinvited me into the guild. sorry if ive messed you around, it wasnt my intention as i was guildless for a while. tc & gl in the future :)

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:32 pm
Guild Munster

Character Name: Arkesh
Righto, take care.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:51 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]